Call:(08) 9250 4575
Mon - Sat:
8.30am - 4pm
until further notice
Download our FREE when to plant guide - click here
Event Date: 25-Jun-2017
Capacity: 25 (28% booked)
This workshop is designed for gardeners who are keen to boost the microbial life in their soil and therefore the quality of their produce by using aerated compost teas. An (almost) essential component of making compost tea is a quality compost.
Making quality compost is covered in the Hot Composting Workshop on the 10th June and attendees of this Aerated Compost Tea workshop are encouraged to consider the Hot Composting workshop too.
The Aerated Compost Tea workshop will be in two parts; the first part is theory, the second part will be a practical session where we will start a brew going. There will be plenty of opportunity for questions and the possibility of picking up a few prizes along the way.
• What is aerated compost tea and why make it.
• The advantages and disadvantages of brewing aerated compost tea
• How to apply aerated compost teas.
• Compost Tea vs Compost Extract.
• How to make Protozoa Soup
• Fungal vs bacterial teas and how to brew both.
• What ingredients can be used to make aerated compost tea
• Equipment needed, how to use it and where to purchase.
• Temperatures, brewing durations, air requirements
• Monitoring compost teas using various instruments and microscope/s
• How and when to apply compost teas.
• Pitfalls and Myths busters
The workshop will be run by Haydn Gunningham of Soil Amendment Products. He describes himself as an “Out of control Gardener” and is fanatical about compost. His claim to fame is that he believes that over the past ten years he has made every mistake you can make when making compost and a few more besides.
Haydn’s key focus is to sustainably grow nutrient dense food. Compost and compost tea has featured strongly in this quest. The compost quality produced via the methods to be demonstrated is perfectly suited to making aerated compost tea.
Both workshops follow the principles of the world renowned soil microbiologist, Dr Elaine Ingham.
You can book and pay for this event online. You can also purchase more than one ticket at a time. Your mobile or best contact telephone number is requested so we can contact you in the event of any unforeseen circumstances
Green Life Soil Co. is proud to host regular gardening workshops in Midvale (Perth), Western Australia. Our Gardening Events are designed to help you grow a better garden. Our focus on Perth Garden advice, training, information and how to workshops, lectures and demonstrations is just what every Perth gardner needs.